Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sociopaths - Empty Promises and Empty Apologies

Sociopaths will do whatever it takes to get want they want or get what they need for the moment. They will say anything - "I love you", "I am so glad you are my wife", "you can trust me", "I will never do it again", "I am sorry" - the list goes on and on. But the words mean absolutely nothing to a sociopath. The words are as genuine as the 'love' they give.

It would not be unusual for a sociopath to start apologizing to a victim when the sociopath is caught cheating or lying. If the sociopath needs the support of family members or loved ones to go on living the life he is accustomed to, he or she will say all the right things and attempt to make amends with those he wronged. If the sociopath's actions and deceitful behavior is finally exposed, he will try to make people believe he is sorry. Sadly, the sociopath is exploiting his victim again with the empty apologies. His actions are self-serving and should not be confused with genuine remorse.